Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Perfect Dessert Crime


I was busily trying to catch up on all my blogs and just cracked up when I saw these cupcakes and then had a gross out moment too (I am not much of a meat eater - insanely picky and easily grossed out). There is a recipe for something similar in this book which I will be treating myself to with Christmas money.

I get teased a lot by my family that live in Idaho for not eating meat, I hear a lot of "I can't imagine NOT eating meat" or "Gimme meat!", usually it is announced several times to folks "Kelly doesn't eat meat, ya know" and the odd looks follow. I usually scramble to say "well I eat fish sometimes.." hoping to hide the glowing horn that just sprouted from my forehead as if my mother just announced I am a meat-hating mythical creature of some sort. It used to drive me nuts when I was younger. Over the years I have learned to shrug it off a bit more - but not always.

I think these would be pretty shocking (at first) to make for the family. I am seriously going to try and remember to do that on my next visit. They better watch out or I might add in some tofu and make them all melt! Yeah, they completely and totally fear tofu, regardless they have never had it, know what is or even what it is made from, simply it IS to be FEARED!

Gotta love 'em! :)

*looking around evilly, rubbing her hands together slowly, she begins to plot the perfect dessert crime...muahaha*
(slight dramatization)

2 comments:

Christine Clemmensen said...

*haha* I think you should. Yum. Tofu-frosted-cupcake-burger. Delightful. :)) Happy new year

Flora Chang said...

Ahhh.... I am so released to find out that you didn't make those meat burger dessert.. scared me!
I love tofu!! It's so yummy!
(I think you should totally make those for your family....heehee...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails